There are two types of people in the world – those who thrive on the assembly of furniture – and those who fear the very thought of it. Whether you fall in the former or latter, these tips may help you through the process. Whether you are moving furniture near or far, from home or office, the team at Next Level Removals have you covered.
Before you move or purchase anything – measure the area it will live in and carefully match it against the measurements of the new piece of furniture. If it lines up well, then also be sure to research the difficulty of assembly before purchasing – this will help you know if you need help way ahead of time.
Once you’ve got your piece of furniture in front of you ready to go, we suggest the following:
- Clear a spacious workspace that gives you space to move around and reach all angles of the pieces. Lay down some hessian or blankets to protect both your flooring and the new furniture while you move it around and put it together.
- Know what tools you’ll need and have them at arm’s reach, this eliminates any additionally, unnecessary stress.
- Lay the pieces from your package out flat in the space and compare everything received against the instruction booklet to ensure you’ve got everything, and everything is labelled correctly.
- Be patient and take your time as you piece everything together. If you don’t have an extra set of hands to help, using clamps can be a great way to hold everything together as you work. Remember not to tighten all screws completely as you go, doing this at the end will help keep everything in line.
- Resist the urge to start more than one piece at a time! We know that frustrations build and you’ll long to leave the hard part behind and move onto the shiny new piece sitting next to you – but you’ll regret it once the excitement of the new one wears off too.
- Revisit your work the next day to make sure all the screws and hinges are still in place as they should be.
- You can get creative too! Don’t be afraid to swap out any handles for something that suits your colour scheme or is a little funkier than the standard, or paint/laminate a door or shelf.
Our top tip If you are moving to a new house or office – particularly if you are move interstate remember to keep the all pieces together after your disassemble your furniture, as you may forget which screws go with which piece of furniture after a few days of moving. Take photos and keep them together in your camera roll or great albums on your phone. This will make assembly much easier at the new home or office.
Sometimes the fear of scratching a new piece of furniture or causing damage is just too much – in this instance we suggest outsourcing. Talk to our team at Next Level Removals, our expert removalists in Sydney will disassemble everything reliably and set it right back up again at your new home or office. Call us today on 1300 005 400.
- Removalists Sydney to Newcastle
- Removalists Sydney to Wollongong
- Removalists Sydney to Orange
- Removalists Sydney to Dubbo
- Removalists Sydney to Wagga Wagga
- Removalists Sydney to Lismore
- Removalists Sydney to Port Macquarie
- Removalists Sydney to Broken Hill
- Removalists Sydney to Albury
- Removalists Sydney to Goulburn
- Removalists Sydney to Coffs Harbour
- Removalists Sydney to Tamworth
- About Us
- Tips & Tricks
- Contact Us