The process of moving takes time, planning, and energy. Looking for a removalist in Sydney? We’ve got you covered. The right removalist can ensure a smooth move. While the help of friends and family is invaluable when you’re moving, trained and skilled removalists know that the aim of the game is to get in and out, and make sure nothing is damaged in the process.
To help make your moving journey as easy as possible, we’ve compiled a list of our top tips for hiring a Sydneyside removalist.
- Look around: No matter your budget, if you’re looking for the best removalists in Sydney, it’s always a good idea to compare prices. Many removalist services offer different packages, and can offer packing and storage help and advice. It’s a good idea to make sure you’ve done your homework to ensure you’re getting the best service at the best price for your budget, and your moving situation.
- Know the rules: Check out Fair Trading NSW to get your head around NSW and Sydney’s rules, regulations, and removalist accreditation bodies (AFRA – Australian Furniture Removalist Association). Knowing these rules helps protect you against dodgy providers, but we recommend picking a company that is aligned with the AFRA.
- Get a written quote: Getting a quote in writing before you book is really important. This will protect you from hidden additional fees, so make sure you have a copy sent to you, and check through the price list to ensure everything needed has been itemised.
- Check your contract: Your moving contract needs to include a few things, including insurance for damages incurred, or items lost in transit. While all reputable moving companies will take the utmost care when it comes to your possessions, accidents and acts of god can occur during this confusing time.
- Extra services: For most reputable removalist companies will include services such as packing and van or truck rental. Some companies will offer box provisions and unpacking as an additional service. In the busy city of Sydney, finding a removalist company that can offer something like unpacking can save you time and hassle as you adjust to a new job or home life.
- Update your Insurance: When you’re preparing for a move, especially in a busy city like Sydney, it’s best to check your home and contents insurance agreement and make sure that your possessions are protected during transit. Don’t forget to call them and make arrangements for any new coverage you might need.
Sydney is a large city with a lot to offer in apartment living. However it can be a tricky place for removalists getting furniture up and down tall buildings. That’s why doing your homework and making sure you hire a removalist company with lots of urban experience is necessary. Removalists that offer balcony lifts, and are well-trained, or accredited through AFRA will take a load of stress out of your moving experience. Make sure to do your homework, check the NSW rules for removalists, read your contract, get a written quote, and look for specialised services with experienced sydneyside removalists.