Choosing a Sydney Removals company can be a big decision. It will affect the entire moving day experience – either positively or negatively. Moving home is a stressful time, and your removals company should support you through every step of the journey.
You should be confident that they will securely and safely move all your belongings to your new home. As well as that you can trust them with your life’s belongings.
Here are 7 Questions To Ask Your Removalist Company.
1. Do You Have References or Testimonials from Previous Clients?
Most removals companies will include client testimonials on their website. But, these are often curated to provide the best of the best reviews. Besides checking out the testimonials, be sure to ask your friends, family, and co-workers of their opinion. Also, ask if they have dealt with the company before, or know someone who has. What was the overall experience like?
Another way to find unbiased and trustworthy reviews is to check the Google Reviews for the removals business. Next Level Removals have a score of 4.7 / 5 with over 600 customer reviews left to provide peace of mind. You can expect quality, professionalism, and reliability with every single move.
2. How Will The Removalists Move Your Belongings?
This lets you find out about the mode of transport the moving company will use to transport your items.
- Will they use a truck? If so, do they own the truck?
- What tools do they use to move, load, and unload your items from your home to the truck?
- How do they secure your items to ensure they don’t move around or potentially fall over? They should be able to explain the materials and methods they will use to keep your items secure. As well as how they protect fragile belongings with blankets, cardboard, bubble wrap.
- Will your items be the only ones in the truck, or do they offer to backload? If so, how will they make sure to not mix your belongings up with someone else?
- Will they use a container to move your belongings? If so, how will they make sure your items are safe during the transit process and loading and unloading?
- Are their removalists employees or contractors? Employees tend to be more skilled and also take a greater level of care with your items and pride in their work. As they are striving hard to keep the reputation of the business they work for. They also will go out of their way to deliver outstanding service.
3. Do they have industry accreditations?
By having industry accreditations and associations, it allows removalist companies show they are committed to providing outstanding service to their clients and care about aligning their practices with industry best practices.
The Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA) is considered the highest and most respected accreditation in Australia.
4. Does The Removalist Company Provide Insurance?
If you have valuable and sentimental items or are moving long-distance, then it’s recommended to take out insurance.
Many removals companies offer transit insurance. So be sure to ask your removalist company, and to find out exactly what the insurance will cover you for.
Next Level Removals is a fully insured company. We provide transit insurance for your peace of mind to make your moving day a stress-free experience.
5. What Does The Quote Include?
Some removalists, particularly the cheapest ones, have some extra fees not included in the initial quote and buried deep in their terms and conditions.
You should ask your removalist directly if there are any extra costs which are not included. If a business is not upfront about their prices, what else are they not being upfront about?
There have been some horror stories of families arriving at their new home, only to have their belongings held ransom until they pay additional charges from unexpected and nasty moving day surprise fees. Don’t let this happen to you!
Next Level Removals offers an open pricing policy on all quotes. Which includes a tailored moving quote with all costs disclosed upfront. This allows you to plan accordingly and have confidence that when you arrive at your new home. Also, relax knowing there won’t be any extra costs or fees.
Also, before you agree to a moving quote, be sure to clarify with your removalist if you need to pay a deposit to secure your booking. Otherwise, in the worst case scenario, the moving company may not show up on moving day as you weren’t aware you had to pay a deposit in advance.
Also, sometimes plans change. Will your removalist need you to pay a cancellation fee if you no longer plan to move on the date you booked?
Contact us for a free moving quote in Sydney.
6. How Much Experience Do Your Removalists Have?
This will help determine how professional the removalists are. The longer they have been in business, the more experience they have to securely and safely transport your belongings.
For regular boxes, this may not be an issue. But when it comes to heavy and larger items like a pool table, sofas, large furniture or valuable antiques, you want to know that your belongings are in safe hands.
All of Next Level Removals staff have been professionally trained, and each has a minimum of 5 years experience. So that you can relax knowing that your items are in safe hands.
7. What extra services do they offer?
Most removalist companies understand how time-consuming and stressful moving can be. Which is why they offer extra services to make the process as easy as possible.
Next Level Removals offers a packing and unpacking service, either for your entire home, a small apartment, or just a few fragile items. We also provide short-term and long-term storage in partnership with national and local 24-hour storage facilities in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.