Why use Plastic Boxes For your Move?
Most people use cardboard boxes during a move and they are considered the standard way to transport things; but are they really the safest way? While cardboard boxes are designed to offer some level of impact protection and support, they won’t keep your possessions completely safe. In fact, it’s not uncommon for delicate items to become damaged during the move because cardboard boxes didn’t offer the amount of protection the items needed. That’s one of the reasons why it’s a good idea to consider plastic boxes.
What are the benefits of plastic boxes?
Plastic boxes offer a number of advantages over cardboard ones and can make the entire moving process easier for you. Here are some reasons why you should consider using them:
- Resistant to impact – Plastic boxes have higher impact resistance than regular cardboard moving boxes. They can easily withstand the rattling and shaking during the transportation process so you don’t need to worry about the more fragile items that are being transported.
- Stackable – These boxes are designed to be stackable so you can easily place them on top of one another, which allows you to utilise the space in the transport truck more efficiently.
- Opening and closing boxes – Most plastic boxes come with a snap lock mechanism that can keep the lip in place. You don’t need to worry about tape and other such items to seal your possessions in. It’s also easier to open or close these boxes as you won’t need to peel away the tape.
- No risk of falling open – There is no risk of these boxes falling open at the bottom as cardboard boxes are.
We offer plastic boxes on all moves if required. We can also provide advice on the number of boxes you will need in order to transport all of your possessions. If you want to know more about packing and moving, or need to book a service, don’t hesitate to contact us at Next Level Removals or all 1300 005 400.
Have Tools Handy To Reassemble Items
Large pieces of furniture like shelves, beds, and storage units are often disassembled and packed before they are moved. This ensures they’re less likely to become damaged and are easier to move. If you have hired an experienced removalist with a full-service move, they will handle disassembling the furniture and reassembling it at the location. However, if you haven’t engaged a full service, you will need to hire a professional to reassemble or handle the process yourself.
What kind of tools do you need?
It’s a good idea to keep a number of essentials handy if you need to reassemble furniture at your new home. Make sure all of these tools are stored in a clearly marked box so you don’t need search for them through a large number of packed boxes. Here’s a list of tools you should have:
- Scissors or a cutter to remove the packaging.
- Pencil or marker to make notes and mark areas if needed.
- Allen wrenches or hex keys to drive the screws and nails into the material and ensure they’re not visible from the top.
- Phillips head screwdriver to drive the screws into the material.
- A traditional hammer or a rubber mallet.
- Furniture adhesive if needed.
- Instruction manuals to reassemble furniture.
- Spare screws and nails that fit into the furniture pieces to ensure you have something to use if your original screws go missing.
- Power screwdriver if you need to assemble several pieces of furniture at the same time.
Furniture reassembly is best left to the professionals because you might damage the pieces while attempting to reassemble them. Professionals can also fix any minor scratches and cosmetic problems that might happen during the moving process and restore the appearance of your furniture.
If you want to know more about packing and moving, or need to book a service, don’t hesitate to contact us at Next Level Removals or all 1300 005 400.
Start Early if You Want Your Move to Go Smoothly
Moving from one place to another can be a hectic process, especially if you’re on a tight deadline and need to get everything done quickly. When you rush through the moving process, you’re more likely to make mistakes and experience problems during the move. That’s one of the reasons why you should make sure you start early.
When should you start?
This usually depends on the amount of personal possessions you have and how much you need to pack. However, as a general rule of thumb, it’s a good idea to start at least two weeks before you’re scheduled to move. You can start by packing things you won’t need during the two weeks leading up to the move. For example, if you’re moving during summer, you won’t need your winter clothes so you can pack them early.
Just create a list of priorities and start from the bottom so by the time you reach moving day, everything but the essentials you need on that day, will be packed. If you have to pack up a large home or office, it’s a good idea to start a month in advance just to ensure you don’t need to rush through the process.
The benefits of starting early
- Your packing will be organized and you’ll have an easier time keeping track of everything.
- You won’t be stressed or tired at the end of the day because you have time to pack at your own pace.
- You won’t forget to pack something or leave items behind because you’ll have time to double check everything before you leave.
- You will have ample time to focus on other personal and professional concerns before you need to move.
As you can see, starting to pack early has a number of advantages and can help you carry out a smooth move. If you want to know more about packing and moving, or need to book a service, don’t hesitate to contact us at Next Level Removals or all 1300 005 400.